BMW AG is reporting that they are back on a growth pattern and that sales are up year over year globally. Could this indicate that things are finally improving for the world ‘s economy as a whole?
From the Wall Street Journal:
FRANKFURT (Dow Jones)–BMW AG (BMW.XE) said Tuesday that global car sales rose 11.5% on the year in November to 107,686 vehicles, driven by the revamped Z4 roadster and the flagship 7-series.
“Since September, sales have been back on the growth track. In November we achieved another substantial increase in our global deliveries. We intend to continue this trend in December, ” BMW sales chief Ian Robertson said.
– BMW Group November Car sales +11.5% at 107,686 vehicles.
– BMW Group January-to-November car sales -12.2% On Yr At 1.16 million.
– BMW Brand November sales +11.1% at 90,383 cars.
– BMW Brand January-to-November car sales -12.8% at 963,712 vehicles.
– Mini Brand November sales +14% at 17,199 cars.
– Mini Brand January-to-November sales -8.9% at 198,163 cars.
– BMW Z4 model sales soared to 1,760 cars from 706 in November 2008.
– BMW 7-series sales up 57% on year at 5,025 cars in November.
– BMW 1-series sales grew 11.7% to 16,614 cars last month.
– BMW 3-series and 5-series sales were up 3.4% and 3.7% in November at 32,230 and 14,164 vehicles, respectively.