Don ‘t want to read a 30 page press release to get all the details on the new X3? We ‘ve got you covered with a quick run-down of all the highlights of the 2011 F25 X3. However if you do like to read (and read and read) we have the full release in PDF format at the bottom.
-Second generation of the Sports Activity Vehicle with significantly increased space, optimised functionality and enhanced driving comfort.
– Available at the end of 2011 in the US market
-Strengthening of leading position in terms of agility and efficiency through new engines, eight-speed automatic transmission, innovative suspension technology and BMW EfficientDynamics.
-Two engine variants at time of market launch: BMW X3 xDrive20d (not for NA)
with four-cylinder diesel engine (135 kW/184 bhp) and BMW X3 xDrive35i
with straight six-cylinder petrol engine (225 kW/306 bhp).
-Auto Start Stop function featured for the first time in conjunction with
six-cylinder engine and eight-speed automatic transmission.
-Four-wheel drive technology BMW xDrive harmonised for optimised driving dynamics featured as standard, Performance Control optional.
-Newly conceived suspension technology, electric power steering featured for the first time in a BMW X model, variable sports steering optional.
-First BMW X model with optional Damper Control and Dynamic Drive Control.
-Highest degree of interior variability thanks to folding and 40 : 20 : 40-split rear seat backrests, maximum luggage compartment volume: 1,600 litres.
-Range of BMW ConnectedDrive options unique in the segment:Head-up Display, Internet access, reversing camera with Top View.
– BMW X3 xDrive20d: Straight four-cylinder diesel engine with aluminium crankcase, turbocharger and Common Rail direct injection
– displacement: 1,995 cc
– power output: 135 kW/184 bhp at 4,000 rpm, max. torque: 380 Nm at 1,750 – 2,750 rpm
– acceleration [0 – 100 km/h]: 8.5 seconds
– top speed: 210 km/h,
– average fuel consumption according to EU: 5.6 litres/100 km
– CO2 emission according to EU: 149 g/km
– exhaust emission standard: EU5.
– BMW X3 xDrive35i: Straight six-cylinder petrol engine with
BMW TwinPower Turbo, direct injection and VALVETRONIC
– displacement: 2,979 cc, power output: 225 kW/306 bhp at 5,800 rpm,
– max. torque: 400 Nm at 1,300 rpm
– acceleration [0 – 100 km/h]: 5.7 seconds
– top speed: 245 km/h
– average fuel consumption according to EU: 8.8 litres/100 km
– CO2 emission according to EU: 204 g/km
– exhaust emission standard: EU5
Full European Press Release
The new BMW X3 / Official BMW Press Release PDF