– The shifter is identical to the BMW E46 330i ZHP. My favorite shift knob combined with a feel reminiscent of the ZHP as well. Wonder how close this transmission ‘s mechanicals are?
– Valencia Orange looks better with other colors around it. It stands out as it should. Would I buy one with the box ticked? No.
– The interior is special. It feels motorsport derived due to the alcantara and makes the stock M3 interior seem disappointing.
– The 19 ” wheels are the perfect size.
– Seeing the 1M next to the 135i make the latter feel more pedestrian than I could have ever imagined.
– The orange stitching is a nice touch. Would look great on a black or white car. With orange it ‘s a little too expected.
– 4cm added on each side. It ‘s a wide car that looks the business.
– Dr. Kay personally guaranteed I wouldn ‘t sell mine in five years if I bought it. Guess there ‘s only one way to find out.
– The strut towers (above) are a good example of the small differences from the 135i to the 1M. M clearly sweated the details.
– They revved the car as they introduced it…. yes it revs very fast. And it has a great burble on back-off.
– Taillights look amazing. Hard to believe they could be that a little light graphic could be impactful but it is.
– The air curtain is pretty small but apparently effective in reducing drag at speed (albeit .01%)