While these are technically concepts, they are functionally very similar to the forthcoming production cars. And because of that we wanted to take a second and focus on the stats of each. One thing to note is that these are two very difference cars and very different propulsion concepts. You can see that born out in the numbers after the break.
What ‘s especially impressive here is the weight. And you ‘d expect that given the carbon fiber construction. But still, 2756 lbs for a modern electric car is pretty incredible. And even the i8 with it ‘s battery pack and tri-turbo engine looks impressive at 3256 lbs.
The i3 ‘s drive-system is mounted over the rear axle puts power down via single speed transmission. But it doesn ‘t need to be 100% electric. As previously reported, BMWi will offer the i3 with an optional range extender (marketed as REx) to make the car more versatile in non-urban or suburban areas.
BMW i8 Concept.
- Length/Height/Width: L 4632 mm, H 1280 mm, W 1955 mm
- Wheelbase: 2800 mm
- No. of seats: 2 + (2)
- Kerb weight: 1480 kg / 3256 lbs
- Output: 260 kW (350 hp) /550 Nm system output of which petrol engine: 164 kW / 300 Nm of which electric motor: 96 kW / 250 Nm
- Top speed: 250 km/h / 155 mph governed
- Acceleration: 0-100 km/h / 62 mph 4.6 s
- 80-120 km/h / 50-75 mph 4.0 s
- Fuel consumption (EU cycle): 2.7 l/100 km / 104 mpg imp (66 g CO2)
- Electric range: approx. 35 km / 20 miles
- Battery charge time: Standard: 1:45 h for 100% charge
- Luggage compartment: approx. 150 litres
BMW i3 Concept.
- Length/Height/Width ” L 3845 mm, H 1537 mm, W 2011 mm
- Wheelbase: 2570 mm
- No. of seats ” 4
- Kerb weight: 1250 kg / 2756 lbs
- Output: 125 kW (167 hp) / 250 Nm
- Top speed: 150 km/h / 93 mph
- Acceleration: 0-60 km/h / 37 mph 3.9 s / 0-100 km/h / 62 mph 7.9 s / 80-120 km/h / 50-75 mph 6.0 s
- Electric range :Everyday range: 130-160 km / 80-100 miles
- FTP72 cycle: 225 km / 140 miles
- Battery charge time: Standard: 6 h for 100% charge / Optional: 1 h for 80% charge
- Luggage compartment: approx. 200 litres