Let ‘s start off by saying that trademarking names of products that don ‘t exist and will never exist is a common practice to protect potential intellectual property and brand. Now let ‘s get to the speculation. The M7 has recently been rumored by BMWNA head Ludwig Willisch. While we can ‘t confirm that news (he only confirmed that BMW M would be producing a M Performance version of the 7 Series to us) the name M7 does conjure up quite the visual. And then there ‘s the M2 – something we know is likely to come as the true successor to the 1M. Finally the M10? Perhaps a little optimistic on our part but how does a follow-up to the M1 sound? The M10 would certainly fit the bill in name alone.
You can check out the entire list after the break.
- Active Tourer, 2er Active Tourer, 2 series Active Tourer
- Gran Tourer
- Compactive, Compactive Tourer
- E1, E2, E3, E4, E5, E6, E7, E8, E9
- i1, i2, i3, i4, i5, i6, i7, i8, i9
- X2, X4
- M1, M2, M7, M10
- M35, M40, M55, M300, M350, M400, M500
- M130, M135, M140, M230, M235, M240, M330, M335, M340, M430, M435, M440, M450, M550, M650, M750 M50d
- GC, Gran Coupe, BMW Gran Coupe, 6er Gran Coupe
- SportMode, CoolMode, Air Collar, BMW Turbotec, Drive eCharged, LifeDrive, i Pedelec
- Corniche, Shadow, Wraith, Cloud, Dawn
- Rocketman, Paceman, Clubvan