We’re getting one step closer to a front wheel drive car BMW with the new Active Tourer Outdoor concept. Awkwardly named yes but this is very close to the final production version of the long awaited (and some would say infamous) front wheel drive BMW. The BMW Concept Active Tourer Outdoor will debut at the OutDoor Friedrichshafen fair this weekend in Germany. This concept is a thinly veiled look at the final Active Tourer that we’ll see at the Frankfurt autoshow.
Here are some of the highlights:
– Compact dimensions, sporty design with generous levels of interior space. Variable rear compartment designed to accommodate sports and leisure equipment.
– Transversely mounted 1.5-litre petrol engine with front-wheel drive. New plug-in hybrid (PHEV) drive concept combines the benefits of an electric motor and the attributes of a traditional combustion engine to outstanding effect.
– Exclusive Gold Race Orange exterior paintwork accentuates the sporting appearance of the BMW Concept Active Tourer Outdoor.
– Easy-care, hard-wearing interior materials, such as MoonWhite and MoonRock Grey leather, stand up well to contact with outdoor equipment.
– A carrier system for two bicycles (integrated into the interior) and other clever details make the BMW Concept Active Tourer Outdoor the ideal companion for active recreational sports enthusiasts.
Full Press Release (PDF)