BMW announced today that Spotify – the world’s leading music streaming service – can now be brought into the car, delivering the perfect music for every journey. Spotify already brings you the right music for every moment on your computer, your mobile, your tablet and your home entertainment system.
Starting today, all Spotify users on iOS – both free and Premium – can enjoy a seamless music experience to BMW and MINI drivers:
– Access your own music and playlists or use features like Radio and Browse to find the perfect music for every mood and moment
– Enjoy an intuitive viewing experience on the car’s high-resolution Control Display
– Comfortable and safe to use with the iDrive Controller
– Premium subscribers can enjoy extra high quality on-demand music (320kbps) – which sounds great on the car’s audio system – as well as ad-free and offline listening
– Beginning today, when the Spotify app is downloaded from the Apple App Store, it will be compatible with any BMW equipped with the BMW Apps option.
Smartphones and apps in your car.
With the aim of enabling safe and comfortable use of apps in cars, the BMW Group was an early driver of smartphone integration and has already certified numerous apps for access in BMW and MINI vehicles. These apps have been optimised for use during a journey, can be operated via the iDrive Controller or MINI Controller without distracting the driver and are viewed in the Control Display or the MINI Centre Instrument respectively.
This app has been specially certified by BMW for safe in-car use. The app uses the BMW Group’s A4A (Apps for Automotive) technology and can be downloaded for iOS-based devices from the Apple App Store. Having connected their smartphone to the car via the USB socket or snap-in adapter and launched the app, users are presented with its various functions via the iDrive Controller/MINI Controller, the Control Display/MINI Centre Instrument and the car’s audio system. To use the app in BMW and MINI models, the BMW ConnectedDrive Services or MINI Connected option needs to be specified.