The executive summary:
- MSRP: $102,600
- The 6th generation BMW M5 is the quickest most technologically advanced M-vehicle to date: 0–60 mph in a lightning-quick 3.2 seconds; 0–124 mph in just 11.1 seconds. Top speed: 189 mph with optional M Driver’s Package.
- The latest generation M TwinPower Turbo technology 4.4-liter V8 engine develops 600 hp and peak torque of 553 lb-ft.
- Debut of the first ever BMW M xDrive system with 2WD capability.
- M compound brakes fitted as standard. Available M carbon ceramic brakes provide a 50 lb. unsprung weight reduction.
- Like all M models, the chassis was honed on the world’s most challenging race circuit, the Nürburgring Nordschleife.
- Reduced weight by intelligent use of materials such as a carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) roof and a weight-optimized exhaust system.
- Exceptional performance both in day-to-day driving and on the racetrack.
- BMW M5 First Edition with exclusive specification.
Official Release: Today, during its auto show premiere at the Los Angeles International Auto Show, BMW announced pricing for the all-new 2018 BMW M5. The 6th generation BMW M5 is the fastest most technologically advanced M-vehicle to date. For the first time ever, BMW M GmbH provides drivers the opportunity to switch between 2WD to 4WD while also offering M x-Drive, BMW’s intelligent all-wheel drive system specifically tuned for the BMW M5 specifications. Under the hood of the all-new BMW M5 is the latest and most advanced version of the renowned 4.4-liter V8 engine featuring M TwinPower Turbo technology with an output increase from the previous generation of 40 hp and 53 lb-ft, this new engine develops 600 hp and 553 lb-ft of peak torque to promise explosive acceleration and formidable performance. The twin-turbo V8 unit propels the M5 via the new 8-speed M Steptronic transmission with Drivelogic and teams up with the M xDrive system to transfer all of the high-revving turbocharged engine’s might to the road, and allows a 0–60 mph acceleration run in a mere 3.2 seconds, making it the quickest and most agile to date. The all-new 2018 BMW M5 will be arriving in U.S. showrooms in spring 2018 with an MSRP of $102,600 plus $995 Destination and Handling.