The BMW i8 Roadster is as dramatic in photos and stunning in person. But if you can’t make it to the LA Autoshow this week, we bring you the next best way to experience BMW’s new electrified halo car.
To our eyes the results are breathtaking. The moment you see the i8 Roadster you wonder why the coupe ever even existed. Granted it’s a lighter slightly more capable vehicle. But the look and the feel that th roadster gives you is on another level.
Here’s the high level executive summary on what you should know and the full release on everything else.
- The BMW i8 Roadster: two-seater with full electric convertible top that opens in under 16 seconds.
- Optimized BMW eDrive technology: more power– total output increased to 369 hp (+12 hp), a refined high-voltage battery with increased capacity and range.
- The BMW i8 Roadster: BMW has re-engineered the costing chassis to accommodate a topless a layout without sacrificing any noticeable performance.
- New exterior colors E-Copper and Donnington Grey.
- New Tera World Copper with E-Copper upholstery.
- Carbon Fiber Interior Trim is now optional
Look for more info (including pricing) very soon.