The once mythical 2020 BMW M2 CS is just month away from being unveiled and we may have just learned all we’ve wanted to know. A source on Bimmerpost has corroborated much of what we have heard and added a few new details thanks to a private event in Belgium.
The headline is 450 hp leveraging M4 CS upgrades. Motivating it will be a manual or optional dual clutch auto.
Surprisingly the 2020 M2 CS will come with adaptive suspension and carbon ceramics will be optional for the first time on an M2. The standard steel wheels come with red calipers.
- 763 M wheel gold or black, regular or sport cup tires, no change in tire size
- Carbon fiber parts: hood, roof, outside mirrors, trunk lip, front spoiler lip, rear diffuser, central console, door handle
- Chrome M2 cs badge on the trunk
- Alcantara on side of the seats and doors like on the M2C, additional alcantara on top of the central console and on the dash board (in place of the carbon trim).
- CS embroied on the alcantara dashboard trim
- Alcantara steering wheel optional
- M4 Competition seats with red stitching.
- M Performance exhaust
- Back seats are fixed and will not fold.
- 4 paints only : Alpine White, Misano Blue,Hockenheim Silver and Saphire Black
According to this report and our sources weight will be roughly the same as the M2 Competition.
Look for the 2020 M2 CS to debut at the LA Autoshow this fall and have a production run from 3/20 to 9/20. There will be 2200 cars worldwide.