A successful day for team Rahal Letterman. Despite the #92 car getting taken out (Jörg Bergmeister actually apologized to RLR for the accident) The #90 car took a commanding win in the GT2 class thanks to solid strategy, good tires and some excellent driving. And yes, that makes two years running.
The official release hasn ‘t gone out yet so we thought we ‘d give you some of our raw notes (after the break) from the day while being embedded in the RLR pit lane. They not only give you a play by play of the race but some insight into what goes on behind the scenes at RLR. In short it was incredible and they are a world class operation.
We have an enormous amount of photos and video once we get some WIFI. Until then congrats again to RLR!
– One lap in Joey hand improves one spot to third.
– Lap 2 Joey hand overtakes corvette for 2nd.
– Porsche spin lap 5 caution flag.
– Auberlin up two places by lap 7 after caution to 6 pos.
– Rahal on mic to driver to set up for green as yellow falls.
– BMW hunting corvettes hand takes lead on lap 8.
– 92 crashed out with lmp car lap 8
– Joey pitted for fuel and tires under caution lap 11 dropped to 3rd.
– Bergermeister apologized for taking out the BMW.
– Rahal to driver, “ready set,ready, ready set, ,, Green green green ”
– Build/switch chassis for mosport – damage to 92 car too severe.
– Vette ‘s pit , equal pits to Joey, Joey 2nd – 1 hour mark 24 laps in.
– ALMS photographer somewhat impeded driver change stop – muller in 5th from 2nd – stop was under caution.
– Go get em, have fun.
– Fuel only stop under caution, 38th lap, good stop, jumped possibly two positions, maybe three. Dirk in second. Lap 39.
– Dirk grabbed 1st on the restart!!!
– 15 minutes left Dirk leads, porsche 45 in second, and though vette ‘s closing, he should be able to hold them off.
– Win BMW wins!