Yesterday we got a close look at the new 1M. Yes most of it was covered. However we managed to not only get a glimpse of the color and design but also quite a few more details. Here are a few:
- That is Valencia Metallic Orange (not Inka Orange). I am not a fan of metallic paint and especially metallic orange paint. Yet I have to say I love the look of this color both under the sun and at night.
- The engine is N54 based (we ‘ll have more on this very soon)
- We are almost certain the 1M will be manual transmission only – the costs are seemingly too high to engineer a DCT into such a limited run car
- Yes those are M3 Competition package wheels
- The front air intake is much like the M3 ‘s but even more pronounced on this car
- The side skirts are also much like the M3 ‘s in shape
- The side vents will be outrageous compared to what we ‘re used to. You can clearly see the outline (and a sneak pique of it) poking out from under the cover
- Based on everything we ‘ve heard over the past six months, we believe there will be one subtle change that will be coming (worldwide) to what you see in the revealed area. I can ‘t tell you what it is but if you think hard I ‘m sure the “lights ” will go on and you ‘ll figure it out.
- The rear valance will have vents above the exhaust that protrude out and are angled slightly inward.
- There ‘s an oil-cooler in-front of the front left wheel
- The rear-view mirrors will look very familiar to E9X M3 owners.
- As many of you know Pyrat is the internal code-name. What you may not know is why this came about. The reason is that the team that worked on the 1M loved the name of a certain premium Rum and thought it was perfect for a car considered a rebel.
The car has presence. Undeniable presence that so many people reacted to when they first saw even a glimpse of it. The color, the fender flares and the large wheels combined with the compact nature of the 1 Series coupe give it a look that is flat out menacing. So far it ‘s lived up to all the hype. Now we just have to drive it.
We will have much more information (confirmed info you won ‘t get anywhere else) as soon as we can get some sleep. Look for it soon.[nggallery id=34]
we not only got to see