The venerable Scott26 is back with more information on the upcoming M1 (or 1M or M2 depending on who you talk to) that is scheduled to drop in concept form early next month in Geneva. Specifically, it would seem he ‘s leaked details on some of the many option available to those who order the car.
(Editor)-While this information is from a reliable source it is still a rumor at this point. We do not have any hard evidence at the time this information was originally published
– Carbon fiber hood (bonnet)
– Carbon fiber trunk (bootlid) with integrated spoiler
– Carbon fiber mirrors
– Carbon fiber front splitters
– Carbon fiber rear valence diffuser
– Carbon fiber sideskirts
– M-stripes (available in M tricolors, Alpine White, or Ferric Gray)
– M-stripes may be placed on left, central, or right hand side of car. Additional stripes can be incorporated along the side of the car.
– 18 ” competition wheels in two finishes
– BMW shadowline chrome can be extended to the front kidney grills and rear exhaust ports (titanium effect finish will be an option).
– Matte paint options : Frozen Gray, Frozen Black, Ice White.
– Techno Violet option (including all additional colors from other M-vehicles)
– Seats available in full and half-leather using M tri-color pattern on center of seats (like E30 / M3 Evo).
– M tricolor pattern on door panels (like E30 / M3 Evo)
– Carbon fiber dashboard panels / Aluminum panel options.
– Titanium and body color matched pieces extending to the door handles and gear shift surround trim.
– Alacantra seat fabric and roof headliner.
According to the source The Tii concept foreshadowed much of what we ‘ll see with this new M1. BMW is looking to take what they ‘ve learned from MINI and translate that into the M1. BMW is well aware that people are modifying their cars (especially M3s and MINIs) to make their own personal statements. They want to create that experience from the factory and (naturally) profit from it instead of aftermarket companies.
For the first time ever BMW will be offering a Carbon Fiber bootlid (w/intregrated spoiler), mirrors, front splitters, rear valance and side skirts from the factory.
They they ‘ll be going back to the future and serving up some classic ///M heritage, like stripes finished in the M tri-colors or Apline White or Ferric Grey. The stripes can be placed on the left, center or right of the car and will flow over the facia, roof and down to the rear bumper. You ‘ll also be able to get M-bonnet stripes that will slot into the grooves of the hood much like MINI ‘s do.
Finally stripes can also be order on the side of the car along with the classic reversed “Turbo ” script.
Wheels will be 18 ” 5 spokes standard with two finishes. Optional will be a set of competition 18 ” wheels also available in two finishes. M has determined that 19 “s are not optimal for the car.
Also, on the exterior BMW shadowline chrome can be extended to the front kidney grilles and rear exhaust ports. A titanium effect finish will be an option.
The interior will offer a Motorsport haven by a combination of standard Sports seats in a combination of leather, half-leather full fabric using an M Tri-Color pattern on the central part of the seats and door panels similar in effect to the classic E30 series M3 Evo.
The Dash area of the car will offer Unique Carbon Fibre dash cappings as well as aluminium effect , Titanium and body color which extends to the door grabs and gearbox surround . Alacantra for the seats and roof headlining will be an option.
Matte Paint options will be exclusive to the M1 and available in Frozen Grey and Black and Ice White. additional colors will carry over from other M Vehicles along with colors exclusive to the M1 including a new update of “Techno Violet ”
The Tii Concept and the addition of BMW Performance has established that there is a market for an in-house personalisation programme for M vehicles although aimed at the cosmetic aspect additional Performance upgrades will be introduced as an extended vehicle option.
The BMW M1 will be the test case for the M Personalisation programme but it is highly likely the M3 will eventually offer something similar.
The information from this report was given to us by Scott26 and originally appeared on 1addicts.