Today BMW took the wraps off of the entire 2012 6 Series line-up. This includes the 640i (which we wrote about earlier this week), the 640d and of course the 650i. Additionally the 6 Series will come with optional xDrive on the 650i.
Finally BMW has released the first official photos of the M Sport kit for the 6 Series along with a new set of images detailing the 6 Series Individual. You can read and see it all after the break.
Official Release: The hearts of sports car aficionados with an eye for luxury and innovative technology will beat a little faster at the sight of the new BMW 6 Series Coupe. With the third generation of this top-class coupe, premium carmaker BMW adds another chapter to its decade-long tradition in the production of exclusive dream cars. The new BMW 6 Series Coupe impresses with its irresistible design and inspires with even sharper driving dynamics than its predecessor, noticeably optimised by virtue of its comfort features and added space. In its own attractive manner, it combines superior sportiness with exclusive touring comfort and 460 litres of luggage space.
At a glance.
Captivating aesthetics, top-class performance, an exclusive interior and exceptionally innovative equipment features give the third-generation BMW 6 Series Coupe “dream car ” its credentials.
A vehicle concept unparalleled in the premium segment, combining the dynamics of a 2+2-seater sports car with outstanding touring comfort; body length and wheelbase 75 millimetres longer than its predecessor for enhanced seating comfort of rear passengers; emphasised sporty appearance due to a 39-millimetre increase in vehicle width and a 5-millimetre reduction in height.
Market introduction with three engine variants: BMW 650i Coupe with eight-cylinder power unit (300 kW/407 hp), BMW 640i Coupe with a six-cylinder in-line petrol engine (235 kW/320 hp), BMW 640d Coupe with a six-cylinder in-line diesel engine (230 kW/313 hp).
All engine variants combined with an eight-speed Sport automatic transmission as standard equipment; BMW EfficientDynamics measures that have no peer in the segment (including Auto Start-Stop function and ECO PRO mode for the BMW 640i Coupe and BMW 640d Coupe); optimised efficiency combined with a significant 30 kW, 35 kW and 20 kW power increase over predecessor models (BMW 650i, BMW 640i and
BMW 640d, respectively).
Premiere for BMW xDrive in the BMW 6 Series: BMW 650i xDrive Coupe with optimised traction characteristics and outstanding sporty handling thanks to intelligent all-wheel drive.
Newly developed suspension; only car in the segment available with Electric Power Steering and optional Integral Active Steering; Driving Experience Control as standard equipment, Dynamic Damper Control and Adaptive Drive optional.
First car in the segment with Adaptive LED Headlights for low and high beam, including cornering function, fog lamps and rear lights also implemented with LED technology.
Standard BMW iDrive control system with free standing control display; unrivalled range of BMW ConnectedDrive features, including the latest generation of BMW Head-Up Display (with high-definition, full-colour-spectrum graphics); also available: Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go function, lane change warning, lane departure warning, rear-view camera, Surround View, Speed Limit Info, BMW Night Vision and Parking Assistant.
Driving pleasure tailored to individual preferences by virtue of unique equipment options, including comfort and sports seats, active seats, seat ventilation, exclusive Nappa leather, ceramic applications, and a newly developed, model-specific Bang & Olufsen high-end surround sound system.
BMW 650i Coupe (BMW 650i xDrive Coupe):
– V8 petrol engine,
– BMW TwinPower Turbo technology with two turbochargers and high-precision direct injection, displacement: 4 395 cc
– output: 300 kW/407 hp at 5,500 to 6,400 rpm,
– max. torque: 600 Nm at 1,750 to 4,500 rpm,
– acceleration [0 – 100 km/h]: 4.9 seconds (4.8 seconds),
– top speed: 250 km/h,
– average fuel consumption*: 10.5 – 10.6 litres (11.3 litres)/100 kilometres,
– CO2 emissions*: 245 – 246 g/km (262 – 263 g/km), exhaust standard: EU5.
BMW 640i Coupe
-six-cylinder in-line petrol engine,
– BMW TwinPower Turbo technology with twin-scroll turbochargers, high-precision direct injection and VALVETRONIC, displacement: 2,979 cc
– output: 235 kW/320 hp at 5,800 to 6,000 rpm,
– max. torque: 450 Nm at 1,300 to 4,500 rpm,
– acceleration [0 – 100 km/h]: 5.4 seconds,
– top speed: 250 km/h,
– average fuel consumption*: 7.6 – 7.8 litres/100 kilometres,
– CO2 emissions*: 177 – 181 g/km, exhaust standard: EU5.
BMW 640d Coupe
– six-cylinder in-line diesel engine,
– BMW TwinPower Turbo technology with multi-stage turbocharger and Common Rail direct injection, displacement: 2,993 cc, – – output: 230 kW/313 hp at 4,400 rpm,
– max. torque: 630 Nm at 1,500 – 2,500 rpm,
– acceleration [0 – 100 km/h]: 5.5 seconds,
– top speed: 250 km/h,
– average fuel consumption*: 5.4 – 5.5 litres/100 kilometres,
– CO2 emissions*: 143 – 145 g/km, exhaust standard: EU5.
* Values per EU test cycle, dependent on selected tyre format