According to a leak on the Bimmerpost forums BMW M is planning something special for the M5’s 30th Birthday in the form a limited edition model. Here are the details:
• July 2014 start of production (ending November 2014)
• Volume: TBA (but badging shows “1/300”)
• 600 PS (592 HP) (up from standard 560 HP)
• 700 Nm (516 LB-FT) (up from standard 502 LB-FT)
• DCT only
• Competition Package
• 20″ Style 601M wheels in jet black polished
• Individual Frozen Dark Silver Metallic (Note: photo is showing Frozen Grey Metallic)
• Full leather Merino/Alcantara with 30th Anniversary M5 stitching
• Alcantara steering wheel, middle console, armrest, door handle
• 30th Anniversary badge on aluminum trim
We expect the car to debut at the M Festival next month when we should get full technical details (the sources of that power increase) and a few dozen photos and video.
What about the M6 and it’s upcoming 30th? It wouldn’t be crazy to expect something similar in 18-24 months for the F12.